A PROJECT ON ONLINE BILL PAYMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN JSP (No of pages: 94)
- ABOUT PROJECT
- OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
- PROBLEM STATEMENT
- SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- SOFTWARE TESTING
- SCREENS LAYOUT
- CONCLUSION OF THE PROJECT
An Online Bill Payment System facilitates the acceptance of electronic payment for online bill payment. Also known as a sample of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Online Bill Payment System have become increasingly popular due to the widespread use of the internet-based bill payment.
- To develop automate the current manual bill generation system and maintain the invoice.
- To maintain customer, products database and product invoice, maintain the data security, user rights.
- To developed for the user and management of online billing and Invoicing System.
- To secure customers’ and company’s information and records.
In the existing system all the persons work was done manually. They pay the bills on couters. The manual work processes was time consuming and hence slow. Following are the main drawbacks of the existing system:
- The existing system is totally manual thus there are chances of error in processing.
- The basic and major drawbacks in the existing system are the speed of retrieval of data from files, which leads to delay.
- Maintenance of voluminous data is very cumbersome and laborious job.
- The manual jobs such as calculation are more error prone.
- There are plenty of chances of duplicity of data and information.
- Updating is very tedious job.
- There is no central database from where one can get different statistical data at one place.
The current systems regarding bill payments currently is done in such a way that utilities companies or service providers send invoices to their customers through the traditional mail. After the customer receives the invoices or bill, he or she visits the utilities branches to effect or make payments over the counter through revenue collectors. The utilities companies do have their own billing systems that store customer’s details and bill details. After payment the billing system at the utilities company are updated and the customer will be given a receipt as proof of payment. The customers are highly mobile people who change their addresses more often and the bills posted to customers may often not arrive to customers on time. The service providers have embraced information technology to help customers to pay their bills at their own convenience. In the current scenario, customers will only be able to pay their bill during working hours only. The current IT trends that customers use to pay their bill at their own convenience are:
- Cell phone Banking
- Online Banking
METHDOLOGY TO BE USED FOR DATA COLLECTION:
Data collection can be done through various sources like interviews, questionnaire, document analysis or Internet.
- Primary Data: Interview and Internet
- Secondary Data: Document Analysis
DATA COLLECTION THROUGH INTERVIEW
Interview is an easy way to interact with the customer. The objective of conducting an interview is to understand the customer’s expectations from the software. Are you satisfied with current website?
- If not, what is the problem you are facing?
- What all improvements would be suggested?
- Any suggestion to improve this website?
- Any special feature that you want to be added to website?
DATA TO BE COLLECTED BY INTERNET
Data about the brief description of organization would be collected through Internet i.e. through the existing website of online billing system like: e_commarce, online shopping site etc.
METHDODLOGY TO BE USED:
FRON-END & BACK-END DESIGN:
- We have used JSP for server side scripting so the current version of JSP must be available on the server
- MySQL database has been used for storing the data of the website
- HTML has been used for creating the layout of the web application
- CSS has been used for creating the designing of the webpages
MODULES OF THE PROJECT:
- Payment Management Module: This module to be used for managing all the payment details.
- Bill Management Module: This module to be used for managing the bill details of the customer.
- Employee Module : This module to be used for managing the employee details
- Report Module: This module to be used for Managing the reports of the project
- Login Module: This module to be used for managing the login details
- Bill Type Module : This module to be used for managing all the bill types
- Customer Module : This module to be used for managing all the Customers