A PROJECT ON PASSPORT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (No of pages: 114)
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
PROPOSED AND OBJECTIVES
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PARADIGM USED
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM AND DATA DICTIONARY
SCREENSHOTS AND CODING
TESTING AND IMPLEMENTATION
The PASSPORT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM project is to design innovative software, which deals with the passport authority management. The system provides information regarding the passport application and its status (enquiry). The tedious jobs such as verifying all the records of the applicant, confirming that all the personal details are furnished, submission of emigration check documents, passing of police enquiry, positive report from the previous applied section, etc. All the intermediate stages starting from receiving of the application form to revealing of the application form along with the dispatch of the passport are being dealt.
- To create an automated system to perform the Passport Process
- To provides an online interface to the user where they can fill in their personal details and submit the necessary documents.
- To provide a communication platform between the applicant and the administrator.
- The system provides information regarding the passport application and its status (enquiry).
PROBLEM STATEMENT AND LITEARTURE REVIEW:
- Time consuming: The Current system is completely manual. So the wastage of time occur the most over here. In today’s circumstances where there is cut-throatcompetition, nobody can afford wasting precious time. Therefore, in today’s do or die world, time makes a huge sense.
- Security of data is less: Security of data is less in manual systems. This is because majority of the records are stored as statements or in registers. Moreover, these data can be accessed by anyone and even they can modify any important data.
- Difficulty in report generating: We require more calculations to generate the report so it is generated at the end of the session and the students not get a single chance to improve their attendance and performance.
- Manual control: All calculations to generate report are done manually so there is greater chance of errors.
Computerization of PASSPORT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM does effectively reduce the manual work involved in generating passport to a citizen with unique passport number. It saves time and gives easy access for already stored information. It enables the ADMINISTRATOR in providing faster services to the applicants.
In passport management system the applicant is given the application form. The applicant returns the application duly filled up with all the details. After returning the application the administrator awards with a file number to that applicant. This file number plays the major role in the entire administrative procedure. Using the file number administrator enters all the details such as personal information, address details, physical particulars and educational qualifications. If any one of these are found to be invalid then that particular section is stopped for process and the confirmation is being stopped. Next section consists entirely of validating all the details like police records, validation of the amount paid, previous applied and submission of all the documents including the photos. Only if the concerned departments correctly approve all the reports then the file is sent to the passport writing section. Then the passport writing is done and dispatched. Also an ability of the applicant to enquire about the status of his application can be known through the enquiry section.
METHODOLOGY AND REFERENCES:
Research design simply means a search of answers to questions and solutions to problems. It is a prospective investigation. Research is a systematic and logical study of an issue or problem through scientific method.
SOURCES OF DATA:
1 PRIMARY DATA &
2 SECONDARY DATA.
1 PRIMARY DATA:
The primary data would be collected through personnel interviews with experienced development team and other technical head. The required information will be collected in the following technique:
- On the basis of observations
- By group discussions.
- By personnel interviews with head of organization.
- SECONDARY DATA:
Secondly data will be acquired through various sources such as other relevant website.
- Organizational Manuals
- Documents & Statements
PROCESSOR : CELERON/PENTIUM 233 MHZ
RAM : 32 MB
HARD DISK : 2.1GB
FLOPPY DRIVE : 1.44 MB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MICROSOFT WINDOWS MILLENNIUM
BACKEND : MS ACCESS 7.0
FRONTEND : VISUAL BASIC 6.0
REPORT : DATA REPORTS
In this project to be used for develop waterfall model. This is also called Classic Life Cycle Model or Linear Sequential Model or Software Development Life Cycle Model (SDLC). This model has the following activities:
- System Information Engineering and Modeling
- Software Requirement Analysis
- System Analysis and Design
- Code Generation
The employees of the concerned company will be taken as a sample and will carry out the study.