A PROJECT REPORT OF ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM (No of pages: 98)
INTRODUCTION OF PROJECT
OBJECTIVES OF PROJECT
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM AND DATABASE DESIGN
PAGE LAYOUT AND CODING
TESTING AND IMPLEMENTATION
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The Online Food Ordering System described in this document has been designed to fill a specific niche in the market by providing small restaurants with the ability to offer their customers an online ordering option without having to invest large amounts of time and money in having custom software designed specifically for them. The system, which is highly customizable, allows the restaurant employees to easily manage the site content, most importantly the menu, themselves through a very intuitive graphical interface.
- To increase efficiency and improve services provided to the customers through better application of technology in daily operations.
- To be able to stand out from competitors in the food service industry.
- To develop a system that will surely satisfied the customer service.
- To evaluate its performance and acceptability in terms of security, user-friendliness, accuracy and reliability.
- To improve the communication between the client and the server and minimize the time of ordering.
- Searching a particular venue and a particular shop leads to wastage of time, as internet shrinks distance, online search enables time saving.
- Manual activities involve ground work, this involves more monetary terms.
- Consumer may not get to know where about the location of events being organized so in order to provide details at their convenience, the system has been automated.
- If all the data are maintained in the form of papers it will lead to extra overload which should be reduced with the help of automated system.
- Transactions can be done with minimum user events.
- All transactional details and accounts are stored in files on stable storage.
- Account holders have to pass through a login system to enter their accounts
- This system possess password-protected administrative access; thus preventing the whole management system from unauthorized access.
In today’s age of fast food and take-out, many restaurants have chosen to focus on quick preparation and speedy delivery of orders rather than offering a rich dining experience. Until very recently, all of these delivery orders were placed over the phone, but there are many disadvantages to this system, including the inconvenience of the customer needing to have a physical copy of the menu, lack of a visual confirmation that the order was placed correctly, and the necessity for the restaurant to have an employee answering the phone and taking orders. What I propose is an online ordering system, which is a technique of ordering foods online applicable in any food delivery industry. The main advantage of my system is that it greatly simplifies the ordering process for both the customer and the restaurant. When the customer visits the ordering webpage, they are presented with an interactive and up-to-date menu,complete with all available options and dynamically adjusting prices based on the select adoptions. After making a selection, the item is then added to their order, which the customer can review the details of at any time before checking out. This provides instant visual confirmation of what was selected and ensures that items in the order are, in fact, what was intended.
This system also greatly lightens the load on the restaurant’s end, as the entire process of taking orders is automated. Once an order is placed on the webpage, it is entered into the database and then retrieved, in pretty much real-time, by a desktop application on the restaurant’send. Within this application, all items in the order are displayed, along with their corresponding options and delivery details, in a concise and easy to read manner. This allows restaurant employees to quickly go through the orders as they are placed and produce the necessary items with minimal delay and confusion.
Research design is the arrangement of condition for the collection and analysis of data in a manner that aims to combine relevance to the research purpose with economy in procedure. There are various research designs, but descriptive and analytical research design is most suitable for this study.
DESIGN TECHNIQUES TO BE USED:
There are different designs technique will be used:
- Input Design
- Output Design
- Screen Design
- File Design
- Database Design
- Architecture design
- ER diagram
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TO BE USED:
- Processor: Dual Core 2.4 GHz
- Hard Disk: 40 GB
- Monitor:15 VGA Colour
- RAM: 1 GB
- Modem or WI-FI Or LAN
- Server: Apache TomcatServer
- Front End: HTML,PHP,CSS,Bootstrup
- Back End: Mysql
- IDE : Sublime Text3,Sqlyog.
- Data Base: MySQL.
DATA COLLECTION DESIGN
Data would be collected with the help of using questionnaires. A questionnaire, which is also known familiarly as an interview schedule with a format containing a list of questions sequentially order to obtain information relevant to the objectives of the study. Structure and undisguised questionnaire was chosen as the questions could be presented with exactly the same order to all the respondents.
The questionnaire for research will be included a combination of the following kinds of question
- Direct question
The researcher will be collected the data directly from sample respondents through direct interview method and with the help of structured questionnaire.
The secondary data for the study will be collected from various journals, survey reports, books and magazines.
The employees of the concerned company will be taken as a sample and will carry out the study.
A sample size of hundred will be taken in order to carry the study.
In this study, systematic random sampling will be used for selecting samples.
- Admin Module
- Registration Module
- Payment Module
- Customer Module
- Product Module
This project contain several modules. The main modules are as follows:
This module is used to create usernames and passwords by admin. Admin can view all the information about the user or delete or edit the all details about the manager and customer.
This Functionalities provided
- View product’s list
- Place orders
This Functionalities provided
- Create product categories and functionalities,
- Edit / delete product categories and descriptions,
- View and manage orders and sales report,
Meal deliver module:-
- View pending orders and delivery details
- Confirm order delivery