A PROJECT REPORT ON “COLLEGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” AT PDM INSTITUDE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (No of pages: 99)
CONTENT OF TABLE
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE
HARDWARE/ SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION
SCREEN LAYOUT AND CODINGS
The College management system is an automated version of manual Student Management System. It can handle all details about a student. The details include college details, subject details, student personnel details, academic details, exam details etc… In case of manual system they need a lot of time, manpower etc. Here almost all work is computerized. So the accuracy is maintained. Maintaining backup is very easy. It can do with in a few minutes. Our system has two type of accessing modes, administrator and user. Student management system is managed by an administrator.
- The main objective of developing the current project entitled “COLLEGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR COLLEGES” is to build effective system which is fast, accurate, consistency, reliable and flexible enough so that it can incorporate any future enhancements.
- By automating the system using computers, sophisticated technology can be used for making the information more flexible, accurate, and secure and user friendly.
- Time and man power can be more effectively utilized and online information can be easily available to the user and at the same time we can maintain higher level of security.
- The existing system which we using in our college is traditional process is a complete manual process.
- Now-a-days, education is playing very significant role in the society. Day-by-day, the percentage of illiterates are decreasing and the percentage of literates is increasing.
- Education will change the society in all the aspects and everyone wants to study higher professional degrees.
- Admissions are increasing day by day so there by ratio of establishment new colleges and schools are also increasing.
- But the actual challenge is starting from now. Most of the schools and colleges are maintain student information in records.
- When the number of records increased, it is difficult to maintain the information of each student in the old manual system.
- Maintaining the records manually leads to error prone and required more man power and it consumes more time for processing the records.
Until recently the place of the College Management System (CMS). Now-a-days, education is playing very significant role in the society. Day-by-day, the percentage of illiterates are decreasing and the percentage of literates is increasing. Education will change the society in all the aspects and everyone wants to study higher professional degrees. Admissions are increasing day by day so there by. Ratio of establishment new colleges and schools are also increasing. But the actual challenge is starting from now. Most of the schools and colleges are maintain student information in records.
When the number of records increased, it is difficult to maintain the information of each student in the old manual system.
Maintaining the records manually leads to error prone and required more man power and it consumes more time for processing the records.
In the existing system of the project we had just results that is usage through manually, here student can check through the computers from a personal computer located at a particular point of place.
Methodology & references:
METHODOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Windows NT operating system.
- Front End : Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Report 8.0.
- Middle Tier : Visual Basic.
- `Back End : MSAccess
- Preferably Pentium III/Celeron/AMD based system,
- 32MB RAM,
- 20 GB HDD,
- along with Dot-Matrix/Laser jet printer.
1) ADO Library 2.1
2) Windows Common Control 6.0
3) Data Report
4) Visual Basic 6.0
INTRODUCTION VISUAL BASIC (FRONT END)
Visual Basic-6 has emerged as one of the standard Windows Programming Language and it has become a must for all Software people for developing Applications in Visual Environment.
MICROSOFT ACCESS DESCRIPTION (Back end)
Microsoft Access is a powerful program to create and manage your databases. It has many built in features to assist you in constructing and viewing your information. Access is much more involved and is a more genuine database application than other programs such as Microsoft Works.
- STUDENT REGISTRATION
- GRADE CALCULATION
- GRADE TEST
STUDENT REGISTRATION:- in this module all the personal details of the student is to be recorded such as:- full name, date of birth, gender, adderess, phone number etc.
GRADE CALCULATION:- this is the second module of my software or a project. in this module the grades of the students whether in minor exams or major exams are to be calculated in all the subjects. It give information about the percentage of the student and record them.
GRADE TEST:- in this module of my project “STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” we can record the marks of a particular student in a particular subject (whether in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams).
MISCELLENIOUS:- this is the second last module of my project in this module we can make changes on the type of grading we want to give to the student, whether to calculate marks in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams or not, we can make changes to the number of subjects and there names in every semester accordingly.
 VISUAL BASIC 6.0(Dhanpat Rai & Co.)
 BLACK BOOK
 MASTERING VISUAL BASIC 6