A PROJECT REPORT ON COMPUTERIZED STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM: CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL (No of pages: 96)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- ORGANIZATION PROFILE
- SOFTWARE REQUIRMENT SPECIFICATION
- FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- DESIGN PHASE
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- SOURCE CODE
- PAGE LAYOUT
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
- LITERATURE REVIEW
Student information System is a model system to store information about Student information system of the City public school like teacher profile, student records, classes, subjects, fees, timetables, datasheets and reports. The system is designed to meet the purpose of dealing with student information system. As project mainly concentrate on Student information system so keeping the friendly user interface the system should provide all necessary Student information facilities. A Login Form which asks the User to browse the whole system and perform different operations step by step such as Saving, Updating, Deleting and loading records as well as providing the facility to Administrator to generate the sequence by hiding un-necessary tasks from the user. Also the system is capable of managing records for all the students. The system is also capable to generate reports about student results, classes, timetable, datesheets and certificates.
- To design software for students managements.
- To manage the admission in the institute securely.
- To maintain all required information about students profile and their addresses.
- To design, store and manipulate the student’s information.
- To manage updating securely.
- To maintain all required information about students, address, courses, etc
The existing system uses the concepts and basis of conventional system with clerical office and clerical staff to maintain information. The existing system works manually. The School itself has to maintain, manage and set policies from the format and maintain data.
This project work is related to the development of Student Information System of City Public School. This project is build because the existing system is manual and is not efficient to provide all information in due time.
As we have observed from the feasible study that there are some issues concerned about the protection of data, authentication, and the many other aspects. So here is the summarized analysis of them :-
- Availability: :- The availability of data is obtained in SMS as it can be easily access through internet at anywhere at any time.
- Reliability: As the paper work is being shifted to the computers then it becomes more reliable to keeping records for a long time.
- Security:- As the security of data is a big concern so here in our project(SMS), we have provided a log in option so and both administrator and student have to first log in to access their provided features and data. For this purpose a password and a unique i.d. is provided to all students.
- Usability: Most of the features are provided to the administrator as add, modify, delete and view the information of students. Students can only see their information available in institution’s record.
- Easy functioning:- In Student Management System is having a very easy functioning as the user just have to log in and can use all the provided features.
METHODOLOGY TO BE USED:
Tools and Technology:
Front-End Technology (PHP):
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to server-side web development where PHP generally runs on a web server. Any PHP code in a requested file is executed by the PHP runtime, usually to create dynamic web page content or dynamic images used on web sites or elsewhere. It can also be used for command-line scripting and client-side GUI applications. PHP can be deployed on most web servers, many operating systems and platforms, and can be used with many relational database management systems (RDBMS). It is available free of charge, and the PHP Group provides the complete source code for users to build, customize and extend for their own use.
PHP primarily acts as a filter, taking input from a file or stream containing text and/or PHP instructions and outputs another stream of data; most commonly the output will be HTML. Since PHP 4, the PHP parser compiles input to produce byte code for processing by the Zend Engine, giving improved performance over its interpreter predecessor.
1.7.2. Back-End Technology (Sql Server2008):
For saving the data and user information along with efficient retrieval of data, the MYSQL will be used. The reason of using this technology is that MYSQL is a widely available and secure source of relational database management system (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL), the most popular language for adding, accessing, and processing data in a database. MYSQL is noted mainly for its speed, reliability, and flexibility. Regarding my project there will be online access to database updating and deletion that require speed and efficiency. Therefore MYSQL is suitable for our project as a back end technology.
- STUDENT REGISTRATION
- GRADE CALCULATION
- GRADE TEST
STUDENT REGISTRATION:- in this module all the personal details of the student is to be recorded such as:- full name, date of birth, gender, adderess, phone number etc.
GRADE CALCULATION:- this is the second module of my software or a project. in this module the grades of the students whether in minor exams or major exams are to be calculated in all the subjects. It give information about the percentage of the student and record them.
GRADE TEST:- in this module of my project “STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM” we can record the marks of a particular student in a particular subject (whether in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams).
MISCELLENIOUS:- this is the second last module of my project in this module we can make changes on the type of grading we want to give to the student, whether to calculate marks in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams or not, we can make changes to the number of subjects and there names in every semester accordingly.