A PROJECT REPORT ON DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE EXAM SYSTEM USING PHP (No of pages: 97)
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
MODULES OF PROJECT
TOOLS AND TECHONOLOGY
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM AND DATABSE DESIGN
SCREENSHOT AND CODING
The aim of ONLINE EXAM SYSTEM is all about the education. The design and implementation of an online examination system, This system allows candidates to register and take an examination in the system. The teachers of this system are allowed to login for contributing questions and viewing profile of candidates. Administrators will be able to access the system to sign up to a new entrance examination, manage questions, accounts and view profile of the candidates. It has one more extra feature admin can easily add the question, update the question and answer and delete also. Admin can make the admin and delete also.
- To allow entrance examination takers at different places to take the examination at the same time through the online entrance examination website.
- To integrate database with the program allowing administrator easily addition of question and creation of examination.
- To increase the effectiveness and response system of examination marking and record processing (i.e instant feedback to students).
- To reduce the costs of examination conducts and management.
- To reduce opportunity for cheating.
- To proffer solutions to students living in distant places.
PROBLEM STATEMENT AND LITERATURE REVIEW:
Automation of the entrance exams involves the experts reasoning process to solve the problems involve in the manual entrance exams by using certain program validation in the program properties to check for some criteria. Automation of entrance examination involves a set of program that manipulate encoded knowledge to solve problems in a specialized domain that normally requires human expert. In existing system multiple problems persist. As multiples student record are other course missed. One more problem with existing system is if any student need give new test urgently then without admin it is not possible.
Several researches have been directed towards the development of a fast an efficient way of writing exams without laxity. Some of the research carried out and the views of several writers concerning the development of an online entrance examination or other related software technology are as follows Online instruction seems to be the ideal answer for busy individuals with a job who need more education in order to advance or just keep pace professionally (Holt, 1999; Macht, 1998) this is simply referring to a way of keeping learning to far individuals who which to study close . A report by a faculty group at the University of Illinois, however, has found many on campus students take many if not all of their classes online (Regalbuto, 1999).a basic concept of online entrance is facilitated around the online learning which also a very important factor.
As distance and Web-based learning becomes more popular and more accessible, high school, college and graduate courses are being offered via the Web as part of complete diploma and degree programs by more and more institutions. As a result student who which to gain entrance to higher institution can also write their entrance exams online. Vetter, (1997) used an InfoSeek search with the term ―online courses,‖ it returned 3.5 million hits. Corporations have found online learning to be a more economical alternative than the typical corporate training session (Himmelberg, 1998). However, little research has 130 been done to understand some of the ramifications of this fast growing phenomena (Grossman, 1999).Different professors‘ classes could have different class population characteristics, and could give those professors different impressions and opinions of issues confronting online instruction. In the future, as online education becomes more pervasive, the characteristics of the online student could change, and so too, the problems of online education.
METHODOLOGY AND REFERENCES:
Research methodology is a systematical programming approach of a well defined procedure that should be followed in caring out a thorough research work .an adequately suitable methodology would ensure a very detail research work and ensure a higher degree of accuracy and efficiency will be adopted. In other to attain quiet a reasonable acceptance of the research work we made use of the internationally accepted software engineering model, which is :
SOURCES OF DATA:
1 PRIMARY DATA &
2 SECONDARY DATA.
1 PRIMARY DATA:
The primary data would be collected through personnel interviews with experienced development team and other technical head. The required information will be collected in the following technique:
- On the basis of observations
- By group discussions.
- By personnel interviews with head of organization.
- SECONDARY DATA:
Secondly data will be acquired through various sources such as other relevant website.
- Organizational Manuals
- Documents & Statements
SOFTWARE PROCESS MODEL:
To solve an actual problems in an industry, software developer or a team of developers must integrate with a development strategy that include the process, methods and tools layer and generic phases. This strategy is often referred to a process model or a software developing paradigm.
- Planning – the proponents will research about the features and background of the existing system.
- Analysis – the proponents gathered all the information about the system.
- Design – the proponents will design the system that they propose based on the proponent’s ideas.
- Development – this is the phase where the proponents are making the system.
- Testing – the proponents test the new system that they’ve created, looking for any bugs and debug if they found any problem to the system.
- Implementation – giving practical effect and ensure of actual fulfilment by concrete measures.
- Maintenance – maintaining the system based on the original features of the system and the capabilities of the system.
MODULES TO BE USED:
There are three sub modules in this phase.
- Candidate module.
- Examiner module.
- Administrator module.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- PHP (Apache Tomcat 5.5)
- My SQL 5.0.
Client and Browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (6+).
- Mozilla Firefox.
Hardware Requirements (Minimum)
- Pentium IV 233MHz.
- 128 MB RAM.
- 250 MB free hard disk space.
- Client on Internet will be using HTTP/HTTPS protocol.
- Client on Intranet will be using TCP/IP protocol.
- A Web Browser such as IE 6.0 or equivalent.