A PROJECT REPORT ON MOBILE STORE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: MAHALAKSHMI COMMUNICATION (No of pages: 111)
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT
DEVELOPMENT TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PARADIGM
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM (DFD)
PROJECT SNAPSHOT AND CODING
The project “MOBILE STORE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” is a total package for a mobile store. The entire project is divided in many modules. Mainly the project starts with the user identification. Depending on the type of username and password provided, the system gets its Main Page. Depending on the type of the authentication given, the user gets right to access as per required field options. There is an option for the Manager where the rights to access the entire software is allowed. The manager mode basically is the owner of the Mobile Store.
- To develop that system computerizes all data is storing all data of the Mobiles Sales, Customer Details, Employee Details along with Salary.
- To develop that validation at the time of entering data, so no chance of duplication of data.
- To keep data base up to date by regular updating.
- To reduce the cost of maintaining system.
- To provide various report facility.
- Cost effective and less manpower required
PROBLEM STATEMENT AND LITERATURE REVIEW:
- The existing system was not very effective & was highly time consuming.
- The current system works manually.
- The existing system was somewhat paper-based (paper-work).
- The rate at which the work done is very slow due to non-utilization of computerized system.
- It does not provide better data facilities as well as data availability on fingertip.
- Inconsistency was the major problem in the existing system as there is no proper facility was provided to update the data.
- In case user wants to find out details of particular Mobiles whole database records are displayed.
- It is difficult to remember all data
- Large storage space is required to keep to the files and register in proper coordination’s
- In the present system the report generation becomes very difficult.
Information Technology has been growing rapidly, with the course of time, as technology and human knowledge converge to a twilight, the need for the betterment of their own sustaining life also increases. Rapid need of high speed data access and faster delivery is one of the major requirement of a product . Technology has given many gifts to the human race to lead a sophisticated life. One of the fabulous gifts was Mobile Phone which was invented by Joel Engel and Richard Frenkiel in 1983.
As the havoc increase in the platform of cellular phone, there must be well organized software which makes it possible for a management of a mobile store to maintain a healthy business. Thus getting interested on this matter we started thinking to develop a software name “MOBILE STORE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM”.
This software controls the modules from Servicing Entry of a particular cellular phone by generating a unique Token Number by which the User can easily take input from the Customer. It has also a very sophisticated way to navigate from the Servicing Page to a well organized Cost Estimate of the product, where the user generates a bill of the total cost estimate of the repaired device. Also there is a possibility of Marketing from that very source by which any Customer interested can purchase the required Mobile Phone from the software as per need and generate a bill of the product.
METHODOLOGY AND REFERENCES:
Research design simply means a search of answers to questions and solutions to problems. It is a prospective investigation. Research is a systematic and logical study of an issue or problem through scientific method. There are various research designs, but descriptive and analytical research design is most suitable for this study.
DATA COLLECTION DESIGN
Data would be collected with the help of using questionnaires. A questionnaire, which is also known familiarly as an interview schedule with a format containing a list of questions sequentially order to obtain information relevant to the objectives of the study.
As this is another important technique for analysis of system in Software Development Life Cycle, we have also created a questionnaire to extract some necessary information regarding.
The waterfall model is a sequential software development process, in which progress is seen as flowing steadily downwards (like a waterfall) through the phases of Conception, Initiation, Analysis, Design (validation), Construction, Testing and maintenance. The unmodified “waterfall model”. Progress flows from the top to the bottom, like a waterfall. The waterfall development model has its origins in the manufacturing and construction industries, highly structured physical environments in which after-the-fact changes are prohibitively costly, if not impossible.
The employees of the concerned company will be taken as a sample and will carry out the study.
Development Tools & Technologies
Front End Tool – Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Visual C#.NET®
Back End Tool – Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005