A PROJECT REPORT ON “ONLINE EXAMINATION SYSTEM (No of pages: 84)
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ANALYSIS
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
SYSTEM DESIGN AND DATA FLOW DIAGRAM
SCREENSHOT AND CODING
This project assesses students by conducting online objective tests. The tests would be highly customizable. This project will enable educational institutes to conduct test and have automated checking of answers based on the response by the candidates. The project allows faculties to create their own tests. It would enable educational institutes to perform tests, quiz and create feedback forms. It asks faculty to create his/her set of questions. Faculty then creates groups and adds related students into the groups.
- The main objective of the system design is to use the package easily by any computer operator. System Design is the creative act of invention, developing new inputs, a database, offline files, method, procedures and output.
- To ensure during operation the system will perform as per specification.
- To make sure that the system meets user’s requirements during operation.
- To verify that the controls incorporated in the system function as intended.
- To see that when correct inputs are fed to the system the outputs are correct.
- To make sure that during operation, incorrect input and output will be deleted.
Problem statement and literature review:
- Current system provides only multiple choices but single correct answer selection. Faculty may wish to provide multiple choices multiple selection responses.
- Incase questions and/or answers need to be in graphics, current system has no provision.
- Unregistered users cannot answer test, they must belong to some group. This is a drawback incase the faculty wants anyone even anonymous users to answer the test.
- Top score could be displayed on the home page; but this could be easily implemented while programming the home page.
- Security logs though not implemented in this system would be well available through the respective database management system and web server software.
Maintenance corresponds to restoring something to original conditions, covering a wide range of activities including correcting codes and design errors and updating user support. Maintenance is performed most often to improve the existing software rather than to a crisis or risk failure. The system would fail if not properly maintained.
The software maintenance is an important one in the software development because we have to spend more efforts for maintenance. Software maintenance is to improve the software quality according to the requirements.
In the software maintenance to improve our software there are two types available
- Reverse Engineering
By using these two techniques, quality of the software can be improved.
- Reverse Engineering means that to update the existing software.
- Re-Engineering means that entirely modifying the existing software.
Maintenance activities involved the following three concepts.
- Correcting problems
Software product Enhancement may involve providing new functional capabilities, improving user displays and modes of integration, updating external documents and internal documentation, or updating the performance characteristics of a system.
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND REFRENCES:
Research design simply means a search of answers to questions and solutions to problems. It is a prospective investigation. Research is a systematic and logical study of an issue or problem through scientific method. . There are various research designs, but descriptive and analytical research design is most suitable for this study.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT:
Processor Intel or compatible Pentium 4
RAM 512 MB
Hardisk 10 GB
SQL Server 2000
.NET (version 2005)
Front end : .NET
Back end : SQL Server
A database design is a collection of stored data organized in such a way that the data requirements are satisfied by the database. A collection of relative records make up a table. To design and store data to the needed forms database tables are prepared. Two essential settings for a database are:
- Primary key: – The field that is unique for all the record occurrences.
- Foreign key: – The field used to set relation between tables. Normalization is a technique to avoid redundancy in the tables.
DATA COLLECTION DESIGN
Data would be collected with the help of using questionnaires. A questionnaire, which is also known familiarly as an interview schedule with a format containing a list of questions sequentially order to obtain information relevant to the objectives of the study.
There are two ways for data collection:
The researcher will be collected the data directly from sample respondents through direct interview method or discussion with the developer team and with the help of structured questionnaire.
The secondary data for the study will be collected from various journals, survey reports, books and magazines, internet and previous website.
The employees of the concerned company will be taken as a sample and will carry out the study.
There are different design technique will be included:
- Input Design
- Output Design
- Screen Design
- File Design
- Database Design
- ER diagram
- Gantt chart
- Data Flow Diagram (DFD)
A sample size of twenty will be taken in order to carry the study.
- Admin Module
- Registration Module
- Student Module
This project contain several modules. The main modules are as follows:
This module is used to create usernames and passwords by admin. Admin can view all the information about the user or delete or edit the all details about the faculty and students.