A PROJECT REPORT ON PAYROLL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF BIPS SYSTEMS LTD (No of pages: 176)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Objective and Goal
Tools/ environment used
- Problem Defination/Identification of Need
- Preliminary Investigation
- Feasibility study
- Project planning
- Software Requirement Specification
- Software Engineering Paradigm applied
- Data Model
Function of System
- Use case ,event trace or scenario
- Class Diagram/E-R diagram
- System activity
- Data Dictionary
- Hardware Requirement
- Software Requirement
- Modularisation details
- Data Integrityand constaints
- Database Design Data Structure Design
- Mapping object/classes to tables
- Table and Relationship
- Logical Description of Data
System Maintenance and Evaluation
Detailed Life cycle of the project
Future Scope and Enhancement
“PAYROLL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” is the heart of any Human Resource System of an organization. The solution has to take care of the calculation of salary as per rules of the company, income tax calculation and various deductions to be done from the salary including statutory deductions like Income tax and provident fund deductions. It has to generate pay-slip, cheque summary and MIS reports.
The payroll process typically includes calculating employee pay, recording payroll transactions and determining and paying payroll taxes. A company must have in place a timekeeping system that accurately reflects the hours put in by nonexempt employees as well as the regular salary payments for exempt workers. Employers typically withhold federal income tax from employee earnings; at the end of the year, they must report all wages, tips and other compensation paid.
- To store up-to-date information of the employees.
- To make the employees understand the rules of the company.
- To reduce extra cost for the security of the database.
- Report generation of employee’s data like tax deduction, security fund deduction, national health fund insurance, pay slips, listing of banks.
- If all the data are maintained in the form of papers it will lead to extra overload which should be reduced with the help of automated system.
- Transactions can be done with minimum user events.
- All transactional details and accounts are stored in files on stable storage.
- Account holders have to pass through a login system to enter their accounts
- This system possess password-protected administrative access; thus preventing the whole management system from unauthorized access.
“Payroll Management” is a distributed application, developed to evaluate the performance of employees working in any organization. It maintains the information about a company, personal details of their employees, also the project details assigned to particular developer. The application is actually a suite of applications developed using PHP. It is simple to understand and can be used by anyone who is not even familiar with simple employees system.It is user friendly and just asks the user to follow step by step operations. by giving him few options. It is fast and can perform many operations of a company.
There are several attributes in which the computer based information works. Broadly the working of computer system is divided into two main groups:
- Transaction System
- Decision Support System
A transaction is a record of some well-defined single and usually small occurrence in a system. Transactions are input into the computer to update the database files. It checks the entering data for its accuracy. This means that numeric data appears in numeric field and character data in character field. Once all the checks are made, transaction is used to update the database. Transaction can be inputted in on-line mode or batch mode. In on-line mode, transactions are entered and updated into the database almost instantaneously. In batch mode, transactions are collected into batches, which may be held for a while and inputted later.
DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM:
It assists the user to make analytical decision. It shows the various data in organized way called analysis. This analysis can be made to preferences and help in making decisions. Computer system works out best with record maintenance. It will tell you which EMPLOYEE would get how much pending/reports statements. User can store information as per requirement, which can be used for comparison with other reports.
PHP recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor” is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. The best things in using PHP are that it is extremely simple for a newcomer, but offers many advanced features for a professional programmer.
WHAT IS HTML:–
HTML is a mark-up language for describing web documents (web pages).HTML stands for Hyper Text Mark-up Language. HTML documents are described by HTML tags. Each HTML tag describes different document content
WHAT IS CSS:-
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets.CSS defines how HTML elements are to be displayed. Styles were added to HTML 4.0 to solve a problem.CSS saves a lot of work. External Style Sheets are stored in CSS files
A database design is a collection of stored data organized in such a way that the data requirements are satisfied by the database. A collection of relative records make up a table. To design and store data to the needed forms database tables are prepared. Two essential settings for a database are:
- Primary key: – The field that is unique for all the record occurrences.
- Foreign key: – The field used to set relation between tables. Normalization is a technique to avoid redundancy in the tables.
This module is used to create usernames and passwords by admin. Admin can view all the information about the user or delete or edit the all details about the manager and employees. The Payroll Management System contain several modules. The main modules are as follows:
- Admin Module
- Company Module
1)Setup your company
3)Terms & services
6)Social sec fund setting
8)National Health Insurance Fund
2)List all employee
3)Employee monthly data
- Monthly data module
3)National Health Insurance Fund
5)Listing to banks
6)Summary to security fund
l )Login Module
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUUUIREMENT
- Processor: Dual Core 2.4 GHz
- Hard Disk: 40 GB
- Monitor:15 VGA Colour
- RAM: 1 GB
- Modem or WI-FI Or LAN
- Server: Apache TomcatServer
- Front End: HTML,PHP,CSS,Bootstrup
- Back End: Mysql
- IDE : Sublime Text3,Sqlyog.
- Data Base: MySQL.