A PROJECT REPORT ON STUDENT INFORFATION SYSTEM ( No of pages: 125)
- INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
- IDENTIFICATION OF PROBLEM:
- NEED FOR THE SYSTEM
- THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
2.1. MY ROLE IN PROJECT
2.2. HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PARADIGM
- SYSTEM DESIGN
- INTRODUCTION OF TESTING
- TESTING AND DEBUGGING
- VALIDATION CHECKS
- SYTEM SECURITY
CODING WITH OUTPUT SCREENS
CONCLUSION & BIBLIOGRAPHY
The system is designed to meet the purpose of dealing with student information system. As project mainly concentrate on Student information system so keeping the friendly user interface the system should provide all necessary Student information facilities. A Login Form which asks the User to browse the whole system and perform different operations step by step such as Saving, Updating, Deleting and loading records as well as providing the facility to Administrator to generate the sequence by hiding un-necessary tasks from the user. Student information System is a model system to store information about Student information system of school like teacher profile, student records, classes, subjects, fees, timetables, datasheets and reports. OBJECTIVES:
- To design software for students managements.
- To manage the admission in the institute securely.
- To maintain all required information about students profile and their addresses.
- To design, store and manipulate the student’s information.
- To manage updating securely.
- To maintain all required information about students, address, courses, etc
Problem statement and literature review:
The existing system uses the concepts and basis of conventional system with clerical office and clerical staff to maintain information. The existing system works manually. The School/college itself has to maintain, manage and set policies from the format and maintain data. This project is build because the existing system is manual and is not efficient to provide all information in due time.
As we have observed from the feasible study that there are some issues concerned about the protection of data, authentication, and the many other aspects. So here is the summarized analysis of them :-
- Availability: :- The availability of data is obtained in SMS as it can be easily access through internet at anywhere at any time.
- Reliability: As the paper work is being shifted to the computers then it becomes more reliable to keeping records for a long time.
- Security:- As the security of data is a big concern so here in our project(SMS), we have provided a log in option so and both administrator and student have to first log in to access their provided features and data. For this purpose a password and a unique i.d. is provided to all students.
- Usability: Most of the features are provided to the administrator as add, modify, delete and view the information of students. Students can only see their information available in institution’s record.
- Easy functioning:- In Student Management System is having a very easy functioning as the user just have to log in and can use all the provided features.
- Manipulation: – Add, Modify, Delete, List, Search records.
- Reports provided to show useful information.
- User Friendly GUI.
- Search Any students in organization
- Tight Security System.
METHODOLOGY AND REFERENCES:
METHODOLOGY TO BE USED :
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT APPROACH
This strategy is often referred to as Software Process Model or Software Engineering Paradigm. A software process model for software engineering is chosen based on the nature of project and application, the methods and tools to be used and the controls and deliverables that are required. This approach is classically thought of as a set of six interrelated activities that make up the entire system development life cycle.
Water Fall Model:
This model are using following activities:
- System Information Engineering and Modeling
- Software Requirement Analysis
- System Analysis and Design
- Code Generation
SOURCES OF DATA:
1 PRIMARY DATA &
2 SECONDARY DATA.
1 PRIMARY DATA:
The primary data would be collected through personnel interviews with experienced development team and other technical head. The required information will be collected in the following technique:
- On the basis of observations
- By discussions with concerned technical team.
- By personnel interviews with head of organization.
- SECONDARY DATA:
Secondly data will be acquired through various sources such as other relevant website.
The required information will be collected in the following techniques:
- Organizational Manuals
- Documents & Statements
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE TO BE USED:
- Software requirements
- MicrosoftÒ Windows 98.
- MicrosoftÒ Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition for maintenance.
- Oracle 8i
- Hardware Limitations
- Windows 98 compatible hardware is required.
- Adherence to Standards
- Statutory and Regulatory Policies
- Transferability/ Conversion/ Interoperability
- STUDENT REGISTRATION
- GRADE CALCULATION
- GRADE TEST
STUDENT REGISTRATION:- in this module all the personal details of the student is to be recorded such as:- full name, date of birth, gender, adderess, phone number etc.
GRADE CALCULATION:- this is the second module of my software or a project. in this module the grades of the students whether in minor exams or major exams are to be calculated in all the subjects. It give information about the percentage of the student and record them.
GRADE TEST:- in this module of my project “STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM” we can record the marks of a particular student in a particular subject (whether in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams).
MISCELLENIOUS:- this is the second last module of my project in this module we can make changes on the type of grading we want to give to the student, whether to calculate marks in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams or not, we can make changes to the number of subjects and there names in every semester accordingly.
There are different design technique will be included:
- Input Design
- Output Design
- Screen Design
- File Design
- Database Design
- Architecture design