A PROJECT REPORT ON STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM –ABC INSTITUTE (No of pages: 123)
- INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
- IDENTIFICATION OF PROBLEM:
- NEED FOR THE SYSTEM
- THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
2.1. MY ROLE IN PROJECT
2.2. HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PARADIGM
- SYSTEM DESIGN
- INTRODUCTION OF TESTING
- TESTING AND DEBUGGING
- VALIDATION CHECKS
- SYTEM SECURITY
CODING WITH OUTPUT SCREENS
CONCLUSION & BIBLIOGRAPHY
Student Management System is capable of managing each and every data regarding, student, payment etc. Student Management System help us in managing in an extremely efficient way. This Student Management System works inefficient manner. Student information system are the primary system for operating colleges the student information system allows the department to store &retrieve the data in more accurate manner. It provides capabilities for entering student records tracking student attendance and managing other student related data needs in the college or university.
Computerized STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM is developed to facilitate the general administration system to manage the various information of the students and the processes involved in an university. So, that university can access accurate information quickly and easily as and when required, thereby improving its operational efficiency & effectiveness.
The main objective of study: –
* It should contain all the information of University or a school.
* It should contain all the information of University Infrastructure or a school.
* It should contain all the information of University Students.
Problem statement & literature review:
- First of all our focus will be on the manual system for Student Management. One can observe that for the whole process of all the record of information , records of there grades in various subjects(in both minor exams and major xams) and it tell us about the performance of the student whether it is poor, excellent, satisfactory etc , one organization needs to recruit too many staffs to handle the specific duty.
- Second is the efficiency, time elapsed and the human errors involved.
- Finally Beside these the most important is the data storage, searching for a particular record, transferring the data to its various networks and data piracy.
As we have observed from the feasible study that there are some issues concerned about the protection of data, authentication, and the many other aspects. So here is the summarized analysis of them :-
- Availability: :- The availability of data is obtained in SMS as it can be easily access through internet at anywhere at any time.
- Reliability: As the paper work is being shifted to the computers then it becomes more reliable to keeping records for a long time.
- Security:- As the security of data is a big concern so here in our project(SMS), we have provided a log in option so and both administrator and student have to first log in to access their provided features and data. For this purpose a password and a unique i.d. is provided to all students.
- Usability: Most of the features are provided to the administrator as add, modify, delete and view the information of students. Students can only see their information available in institution’s record.
- Easy functioning:- In Student Management System is having a very easy functioning as the user just have to log in and can use all the provided features.
Methodology & references:
METHODOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Windows 10.
- Front End : Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Report 8.0.
- Middle Tier : Visual Basic.
- `Back End : MS Access
- Preferably Pentium III/Celeron/AMD based system,
- 32MB RAM,
- 20 GB HDD,
- along with Dot-Matrix/Laser jet printer.
1) ADO Library 2.1
2) Windows Common Control 6.0
3) Data Report
4) Visual Basic 6.0
5) MS access.
INTRODUCTION VISUAL BASIC (FRONT END)
Visual Basic-6 has emerged as one of the standard Windows Programming Language and it has become a must for all Software people for developing Applications in Visual Environment.
MICROSOFT ACCESS DESCRIPTION (Back end)
Microsoft Access is a powerful program to create and manage your databases. It has many built in features to assist you in constructing and viewing your information. Access is much more involved and is a more genuine database application than other programs such as Microsoft Works.
- STUDENT REGISTRATION
- GRADE CALCULATION
- GRADE TEST
STUDENT REGISTRATION:- in this module all the personal details of the student is to be recorded such as:- full name, date of birth, gender, address, phone number etc.
GRADE CALCULATION:- this is the second module of my software or a project. in this module the grades of the students whether in minor exams or major exams are to be calculated in all the subjects. It give information about the percentage of the student and record them.
GRADE TEST:- in this module of my project “STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” we can record the marks of a particular student in a particular subject (whether in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams).
MISCELLENIOUS:- this is the second last module of my project in this module we can make changes on the type of grading we want to give to the student, whether to calculate marks in minor exams or internals and in major or final exams or not, we can make changes to the number of subjects and their names in every semester accordingly.