ONLINE EXAMINATION SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (No of pages: 100)
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ANALYSIS
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM AND DATABSE DESIGN
SCREENSHOT AND CODING
The use of computer has been steadily increasing in science and technology since its invention. Computer Technology has spread its root in various areas including Industry, Science, Technology, Education and Business. Their application is increasing day by day in various other fields and their most recent conquest is Online Applications.
The Administrator can only add a teacher and the teacher can provide questions for only one subject only. The teacher will also be given a specific user name and password, by which the teacher can login in and add/update questions. The teacher will have to provide questions in the multiple choice format. The teacher will provide the right answer also.
The administrator can view, update records of the users and can add/modify user’s details i.e. the administrator has the rights to make any changes in the database.
WHY IS ONLINE BETTER THEN PAPER BASED?
- Lower long-term costs :Although the initial expenditure to set up the system will be on the higher side, but when the system becomes fully operative and functional, it will be economically beneficial.
- Instant feedback to students: The students can get the result instantaneously.
- Greater flexibility with respect to location and timing.
- The students can give the test any time they want and the test location is also flexible. The student can give the exam at any time or place.
- Improved reliability: Machine marking is much more reliable than human marking.
- Enhanced question styles which incorporate interactivity and multimedia
Online examinations contents providers to focus on creating effective assessment questions and focusing on exam’s feedback delivery to students. In the paper we present techniques that are pertinent to the elements of assessment process: answers submission, computerized grading, and feedback after submission.
As the modern organizations are automated and computers are working as per the instructions, it becomes essential for the coordination of human beings, commodity and computers in a modern organization.
Online Examination is a complete web application. There are three wizards in the system configuration: Administrator, staff and candidate. The configuration wizard used in administrator level and can create new exams, edit existing exams add new subject and user management etc. The staff wizard can upload the questions and answers in subject wise. The candidate wizard is the public page, where candidate can register for exams specifying the exam has to take
- The system has three parts, administration, staff and candidate.
- All type of configuration such as exam date and time providing questions answers and other criteria are updated through configuration wizard.
- Candidate can register for exam, delete, and edit profile.
- The administrator can upload the questions in subject wise
- The questions and answers are generated randomly
- The question pattern of a particular question should keep changes each and every time the question is selected for display.
- An inactive candidate should automatically log off from the system.
- The result of exam will be noticed just after completing the exam.
- In built Question database for exam question
- Access anywhere, anytime Application.
- Exams and questions can be edited and deleted anytime.