PROJECT ON ELECTRICITY BILLING SYSTEM (No of pages : 90)
CONTENT OF TABLE
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
OBJECTIVES OF PROJECT
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM AND DATA DICTIONARY
SCREEN SHOTS AND CODING
TESTING AND IMPLEMENTATION
“Electricity Billing System” is to generate electricity bill with all the charges and penalty. Manual system that is employed is extremely laborious and quite inadequate. E-Billing systems is a combination of software and hardware that receives call detail and service usage information, grouping this information for specific accounts or customers, produces invoices, creating reports for management, and recording (posting) payments made to customer accounts. A typical billing process involves collecting usage information from network equipment (such as media servers, access devices and set top boxes), translating and formatting the usage information into records that a billing system can understand, transferring these records to the billing system, assigning charge fees to each event, creating invoices, receiving and recording payments from the customers
OBJECTIVES OF THE SYSTEM:
- To develop a SMS based Automatic electricity billing system.
- To keep the information of Customer.
- To keep the information of consuming unit of energy of current month.
Electricity Billing System
- To keep the information of consuming unit of energy of previous month.
- To maintain the record of the department.
- To generate bill used of electricity power of customer.
Problem statement and literature review:
,The current electricity billing system is completely manual. The electric meters are situated in the houses, offices and factories etc. This system has disadvantage of appointing meter reader to take the meter reading, effects consumer privacy etc. Some of problems are listed as below:
- Maintaining many registers:
In the manual system, number of registers has to be maintained which leads to wrong entries in some confusions, misunderstandings, etc.
- Duplication of data:
Sometimes, the entries are duplicated, which leads to incorrect details of consumers and incorrect information regarding registration.
- Time consuming:
The manly maintained records, consumes a lot of time and efforts. Simple reasons being that all activities are done by humans and human shave certain limitations, where as computer system is much faster and accurate.
Maintenance of manual system needs a lot of material execution, excess stationary, thus making things expensive.
- Immediate reports not possible:
In the manual system, the ad-hoc reports needed may not be obtained sometimes. Since for report making registers have to be looked over.
- Security of records:
In a manual system, handling and keeping records is very risky as files could be damaged by any kind of pests. File could also be damaged due to climatic conditions.
- J Crookes (1996), the term adopted for the system is multiservice billing system (MSBS). The strategic business issues which have shaped the design of It describes the scale and complexity of the problem which makes the construction of a multiservice platform such a difficult feat of software engineering. The concept of a common product model, which underpins the system’s design, is introduced.
- Yang Bo, Liu Dongsu and Wang Yumin (2001), In their paper, the authors improved the e-payment system with a smart card proposed by S.Brands, and present an anonymity-revoking e-payment On the one hand, the customer‘s privacy cannot be compromised by the bank or by the payee. On the ther hand, anonymity can be removed by a TTP with the help of the bank. In this case, the third party can link a payment to a corresponding withdrawal and prevent money laundering and blackmailing.
- EWB Team (2000), This document provided information regarding the use of the Extra Work Billing System (EWB). The document is organized with step-by-step instructions for each task to be accomplished using the EWB The EWB System may be accessed through the Internet using either Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer.
METHODOLOGY AND REFERENCES:
Methodology to be used:
Research design simply means a search of answers to questions and solutions to problems. It is a prospective investigation. Research is a systematic and logical study of an issue or problem through scientific method.
DATA COLLECTION DESIGN
Data would be collected with the help of using questionnaires. A questionnaire, which is also known familiarly as an interview schedule with a format containing a list of questions sequentially order to obtain information relevant to the objectives of the study.
The main purpose is to identify the requirements clearly during system analysis phase. Getting useless requirements is meaningless. Therefore a clear understanding of the current situation, organization structure is a must. The following techniques will be used to identify requirements which make a high quality product end of the system development.
- Group Meetings
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED:
Software requirement for developing this project is as follows:
Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
Microsoft -Access 98 or higher version.
Windows 98 or higher version.
In this project to be used for develop waterfall model. This is also called Classic Life Cycle Model or Linear Sequential Model or Software Development Life Cycle Model (SDLC). This model has the following activities:
- System Information Engineering and Modeling
- Software Requirement Analysis
- System Analysis and Design
- Code Generation
MODULE TO BE USED:
There are mainly four module in our project. These are as follows:
- Domestic bill information module.
- Commercial bill information module.
- Domestic customer record module.
- Commercial customer record module.
Domestic Bill Information Module:
In this module provide like customer’s name, address, its customer id, service centre, his electricity bill description, which contain bill no, bill date, total bill etc. we can also calculate total bill of the customer according to total unit, bill charge of the bill.
Commercial Bill Information Module:
This module module is information related to the commercial bill like customer’s name, shop no, address, its customer id, service centre his electricity bill description, which contain bill no, bill date, total bill etc. we can also calculate total bill of the customer according to total unit, bill charge of the bill.
Domestic Customer Record Module:
In this module, we can perform edit like- deleting a record modifying existing record of domestic customer .
Commercial Customer Record Module:
In this module, we can edit the record related to the customer like his name, address, customer id of commercial customer record.